**We do not have a DC program at Appalachian State. This page is for informational purposes to support health profession exploration.
Doctorate of Chiropractic (DC)
Chiropractic is a health care profession that focuses on disorders of the musculoskeletal system and the nervous system, and the effects of these disorders on general health. These disorders include, but are not limited to: back pain, neck pain, pain in the joints of the arms or legs, and headaches. (source)
Pre-Reqs at App
- Concepts of Biology I and II (BIO 1801+ 1802)
- Introduction to Chemistry (CHE 1101/1110 + 1102/1120)
- Organic Chemistry (CHE 2201 + 2202)
- General Physics (PHY 1103 + 1104)
- Biology BS (Cell and Molecular) or BA
- Chemistry BS (Biochemistry)
- Exercise Science BS
- Psychology BS (Natural Science or Health Studies)
You can learn about specific degree requirements from the University Bulletin.
Exposure in Chiropractic settings is highly desired in applicants to assure that they understand the profession.
MCAT or GRE